Big Data Technologies
This course teaches theoretical and practical skills for developing big data solutions. The focus of the practical approach is the Hadoop ecosystem, with programming models such as MapReduce, Hive, Pig and Apache Spark.
During the course, students will gain knowledge about:
- Basic terms, definitions, and concepts around big data
- Database technologies and milestones: OLTP, OLAP, ETL, NoSQL
- MapReduce and other new paradigms, Hadoop ecosystem
- NoSQL databases and the underlying concepts: key value databases, document databases, graph databases
- Distributed file systems and consistency models
- Batch and stream processing, lambda architecture
In addition, students gain practical experiences in exercises.